Thursday, June 7, 2012

Every day, extra ordinary

Every day, extra ordinary...
Unbelievable that it's been over a YEAR since I've posted a blog!  I'd say I've been just a tad bit busy.  We've had an incredible amount of additions, changes and adjustments in these past 12+ months.  To name a few, July 5th we were blessed with our 3rd baby, Dominic Joseph Adrian McCuen, having 3 children was quite the adjustment for me, but I am finally figuring it out (learn to be ok with things not being perfectly in order, get to things when you can, my babies are more important than having a perfect house - a subject for another day).  July 25th we rented out our 1st house we ever owned to great renters.  August 1st we moved into the city we pastor in (with a 2 year old, a 1 year old and a newborn).  August 13th we had our annual church family camp.  Then in October we flew to California for our church network conference, had the holidays and all the wonderful things that entails and went into the new year ready to announce the theme God put on our heart for 2012, Authentic Community!  And this year has been full of wonderful times of building deeper, more real friendships and discovering more and more who we are in God and what He has called us to in leading Christ Church Monroe.  It has been an incredible season full of every day, extra ordinary things.  Truly, this is my life, in the midst of pastoring with my husband and parenting and building our marriage, I am learning to live extra ordinary in the every day things.  Changing diapers, wiping noses, spanking bottoms, giving big smooches, listening to my children pray on their own on the steps, falling more in love with my husband today, asking for forgiveness, remembering that I don't have to be a missionary in Africa to do something amazing for Jesus, I can and am doing something extra ordinary for Him right here in my home, He is pleased with my every day exta ordinary life :) I love my life!  And He is better to me than I deserve...

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!!! Eden looks EXACTLY like DUSTIN! HOLY MOLY! SO SO SO CUTE!!! ALL OF THEM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!! So glad you a blogging again! Always love hearing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete